Below are some key financial dates and deadlines for December.
1 December 2016
- Payment of corporation tax liabilities for accounting periods ended 29 February 2016 for small and medium-sized companies not liable to pay by instalments.
- Check HMRC website to ascertain whether advisory fuel rates have been increased.
7 December 2016
- Due date for VAT returns and payment for 31 October 2016 quarter (electronic payment).
14 December 2016
- Quarterly corporation tax instalment for large companies (depending on accounting year end).
- Monthly EC sales list if paper return used.
19 December 2016
- Pay PAYE, NIC, CIS and student loan liabilities for month ended 5 December 2016 if not paying electronically.
- File monthly CIS return.
21 December 2016
- File online monthly EC sales list.
- Submit supplementary intrastat declarations for October 2016.
22 December 2016
- PAYE, NIC, CIS and student loan liabilities should have cleared into HMRC bank account.
30 December 2016
- Deadline for submission of online self-assessment tax returns if underpayments are to be collected by a PAYE coding adjustment.
31 December 2016
- Companies House should have received accounts for private companies with 31 March 2016 year ends and public limited companies with 30 June 2016 year ends.
- HMRC should have received corporation tax self-assessment returns for companies with accounting periods ended 31 December 2015.
- End of CT61 quarterly reporting period.
- Year end for taxable distance supplies to UK for VAT registration.
- Non-EC traders claim recoverable UK VAT in year ended 30 June 2016.
- End of relevant year for cross-border acquisitions of taxable goods in the UK for VAT registration purposes.