Below are some key financial dates and deadlines for May 2017
1 May 2017
- Payment of corporation tax liabilities for accounting periods ended 31 July 2016 for small and medium-sized companies not liable to pay by instalments.
- £10 daily penalties apply to late online self-assessment tax returns for the year ended 5 April 2016 to a maximum of £900.
- New VAT fuel scale charges apply.
3 May 2017
- Filing date for form P46(Car) for quarter ended 5 April 2017.
7 May 2017
- Electronic filing and payment of VAT liability for quarter ended 31 March 2017.
14 May 2017
- Quarterly corporation tax instalment for large companies (depending on accounting yearend).
- EC sales list for quarter ended 31 March 2017 due (paper form).
19 May 2017
- Payment of PAYE/National Insurance contributions/construction industry scheme/student loan payment liabilities for month ended 5 May 2017 if not paying electronically.
- File monthly construction industry scheme return.
21 May 2017
- File online monthly EC sales list.
- Submit supplementary Intrastat declarations for April 2017.
22 May 2017
- PAYE, NIC and student loan liabilities should have cleared HMRC's bank account.
31 May 2017
- Employees at 5 April 2017 and from whose pay tax was deducted should have received form P60 from their employers.
- Companies House should have received accounts of private companies with 31 August 2016 year end.
- Companies House should have received accounts of public limited companies with 31 November 2016 year-end.
- HMRC should have received corporation tax self-assessment returns for companies with accounting periods ended 31 May 2016.