Below are some key financial dates and deadlines for August 2017
1 August 2017
- Payment of corporation tax liabilities for periods ended 31 October 2016 if not liable to pay by instalments.
- Outstanding 2015-16 self-assessment tax returns now subject to a penalty of £300 or 5% of tax due, whichever is higher.
2 August 2017
- Filing date for form P46(Car) for quarter ended 5 July 2017.
5 August 2017
- First quarterly report by employment intermediaries for period 6 April to 5 July 2017.
7 August 2017
- Due date for VAT return and payment for 30 June 2017 quarter (electronic payment).
14 August 2017
- Quarterly corporation tax instalment payment for large companies.
- Monthly EC sales list if paper returns used.
19 August 2017
- File monthly CIS return.
- Pay PAYE/CIS for month ended 5 August 2017 if by cheque.
21 August 2017
- Online monthly EC sales list.
- Intrastat — supplementary declarations for July 2016.
22 August 2017
- PAYE/NIC/student loan payments if paid online.
31 August 2017
- Companies House should have received accounts of private companies with 30 November 2016 year end.
- Companies House should have received accounts of public limited companies with 28 February 2017 year end.
- Corporation tax self-assessment returns for accounting periods ended 31 August 2016.
- Annual adjustment for VAT partial exemption claims, May year end.
- Submit PAYE settlement agreement figures to HMRC to enable final income tax and National Insurance liabilities to be advised for 19 October 2017 deadline.