Below are some key financial dates and deadlines for September 2017
1 September 2017
- Payment of corporation tax liabilities for periods ended 30 November 2016 if not liable to pay by instalments.
- Check HMRC website for changes to car mileage fuel rates.
7 September 2017
- Due date for VAT return and payment for 31 July 2017 quarter (electronic payment).
14 September 2017
- Quarterly corporation tax instalment payment for large companies.<
- Monthly EC sales list if paper return used.
19 September 2017
- Pay PAYE/construction industry scheme liabilities for month ended 5 September 2017 if by cheque.
- File monthly construction industry scheme return.
21 September 2017
- File online monthly EC sales list.
- Intrastat — submit supplementary declarations for August 2017.
22 September 2017
- PAYE/National Insurance contribution/student loan/construction industry scheme payments should be received by HMRC if paid online.
30 September 2017
- Companies House should have received accounts of private companies with 31 December 2016 year end.
- Companies House should have received accounts of public limited companies with 31 March 2017 year end.
- HMRC should have received corporation tax self-assessment returns for companies having an accounting period ended 30 September 2016.
- End of CT61 quarterly return period.
- Business rates — small business relief claims for 2016-17 should be made to local authority by today. Businesses to reclaim EC VAT chargeable in 2016.