HMRC has released the best excuses for late tax return and expense claims ahead of the 31 January deadline, and they are brilliant...
The top list of failed excuses for late returns released by HMRC:
1. I couldn't file my return on time as my wife has been seeing aliens and won't let me enter the house
2. I've been far too busy touring the country with my one-man play
3. My ex-wife left my tax return upstairs, but I suffer from vertigo and can't go upstairs to retrieve it
4. My business doesn't really do anything
5. I spilt coffee on it
The top list of failed expenses claims for late returns released by HMRC:
1. A three-piece suite for my partner to sit on when I'm doing my accounts
2. Birthday drinks at a Glasgow nightclub
3. Vet fees for a rabbit
4. Hotel room service - for candles and prosecco
5. £4.50 for sausage and chips meal expenses for 250 days
Suprising all of the excuses and expenses above were refused by HMRC.
You are now leaving the Thomas Westcott website. Thomas Westcott is not responsible for the content of the PrimeGlobal website nor the content of the websites of other independent member firms of PrimeGlobal. Equally, PrimeGlobal is not responsible for the content of the websites of independent member firms, including the Thomas Westcott website.Go to site