Thomas Westcott has staff with the qualifications and experience to deal with all aspects of a deceased’s estate.
This technical knowledge is complimented by the awareness of our clients’ affairs that we have accumulated during their lifetimes and which helps to ensure that assets and liabilities are not overlooked either for the purposes of administering the estate or for making returns to the Probate Office and HM Revenue & Customs.
Our work includes:
- Gathering together details of all of the assets and liabilities of the deceased.
- The preparation of tax returns both for any periods outstanding to the date of death and for the estate administration period itself.
- Preparing forms required for the application for Grant of Probate.
- Accumulating the assets of the estate, discharging its liabilities and paying its expenses.
- Appointing the estate’s assets to the beneficiaries.
- Assisting with the setting up and running of any trusts provided for in the deceased’s will.